Saturday, February 28, 2009

Why?

This is one piece of cloth that I was trying to get bright colors. The movement is done by using salt on it while the paint is still wet. I will do something with this someday and it just might be that I frame it as is. I love the unpredictability of where the color is going to go and what it will do when it reaches the other colors.


Well Em has been helping me learn all of this stuff for blogging and facebook, etc. I keep making mistakes and wonder why I can not do certain things. Oh well.
The reason I choose Dying to Paint for some name or something on my blog is because dying and painting fabric is one of my past time. I thought I would pull of a few pics of a few pieces. My problem is I love to dye it but I do not like to quilt it and so I try to find other ways to use it.
I love to paint/dye silk scarves too. In fact silk make a wonderful canvas for these paints, the colors are more brilliant and there is a sparkle on the cloth too.

No comments:

Post a Comment