So this is brand new to me. I keep telling my daughter I have nothing to write about but I think I will give this a try because of the fun art things I do. For instance, yesterday we went thrift store sailing and I made a haug at the Goodwill. I am collecting stuff to do 3D collage work or assembly work, as it is called. I will take some pictures and post them. I love my new stuff and it cost me $20 total. Now that is against my morals to pay good money for junk but I haven't found a way to get it out of peoples trash without being attacked by thier dog or members of their family. Well I have not actually gone dumster diving yet. But I just know there are sooo many things people throw away and I want them. The junk not the people. I have a hard time getting people to understand that I want broken stuff. Actually I want anything that is metal, wood, glass, fiber,etc that does not breath, rot, or attack. There, now that isn't so hard is it. My great joys at the present time are: clear glass paperweights (I got a bunch at the dollar store) and solder and glass. This will probably lead me into stained glass art but for now I am just trying to learn how to handle glass: cut it, grind it, not get cut, etc. I do love having the tools to do projects and glass does require some special tools, like a grinder, cutter, nippers, etc. And I am learning that solder is very hot and so are the tips to wood burning tools. I found that if I want to solder inside, I have to have a ventalation system to tak the fumes away. I bought a little fume extractor and I hope it is enough. This all started because I got a fun little book for Christmas called: Pretty Little Things by Sally Jean Alexander. Lots of fun! So now I will take pictures.
always on the look out for fun things for you...
ReplyDelete