Saturday, March 14, 2009

These are new paperweights I made yesterday and today. This one is done with my hand 'dyed' silk fabric. I wish it was a little clearer but it shows up ok. This pic is from a catologe and is a framed picture, thus the squared off image. I like it a lot. I used Diamond Glaze, a glue, sealer, etc. on all of my paperweights and love it. I put a thin coat on the back of the paperweight and laid the pic on it and smoothed it out. It dries clear and is perfect for paper.
This is another silk hand dyed fabric and the diamond glaze was neat because it makes the fabric look wet and more brilliant. I did run into some problems with getting everything to stick together 100% and that leaves shiny spots. I wraped the edge with copper foil tape and I am using copper wire wrap to create a hanger.




No comments:

Post a Comment